Randy Wolf (10-6, 3.22) vs. Zach Duke (10-14, 4.02)
DODGERS' OFFICIAL MAGIC NUMBER: 14
COMMENTS: Some random Randy Wolf facts:
- Their mating season generally runs from January to April.
- Both his win total and ERA have improved in each of the last 4 seasons.
- If the female wolf is not sexually receptive to the male's advances, she will repel the male with growls and snaps of her jaws.
- Of the 10 major leaguers named Randy, 8 are pitchers (how many can you name?). Only one has a better ERA than Randy Wolf, and none has more wins.
- Wolves often have long-standing and monogamous relationships, and after mating, a wolf will continue to be affectionate with his mate.
- He was born on the exact same day as Jeff Weaver.
All wordplay gags aside, chew on this: yesterday's win put the Dodgers at +27 games above 0.500 for the 4th time this season. A win tonight would put them at +28 games above for the first time since...October 1, 1988.