Many things to like about today's victory:
- The Dodgers improve to 28-13.
- The Dodgers are 7-3 against the NL East, including series wins against the Phillies, Marlins and Mets.
- The Dodgers are 7-5 without you-know-who.
- The Dodgers again scored in the first inning.
- After a rocky first three innings in which he threw 77 pitches, Chad Billingsley settled down and threw only 28 pitches over the next three frames. He pitched into the seventh for his sixth win.
- The Dodgers notch another come-from-behind victory, thanks to Casey Blake's three-run home run (above) in the sixth inning.
- Blake leads the team with nine home runs, despite hitting almost entirely in front of the pitcher's spot.
- The Giants lose (to the Padres) and are now 7.5 games back.
- UPDATE to mention the bullpen: Brent Leach, Ronald Belisario, Cory Wade and Jonathan Broxton combined for 2 2/3 innings of scoreless relief.
And a few things to be concerned about:
- Orlando Hudson suffered a bruised left shoulder after diving for a Jose Reyes pop-up in the seventh inning. He is listed as day-to-day.
- Andre Ethier continues to struggle. He's 6-for-48 since May 6.
- Rafael Furcal offered up a mixed bag, with a walk and a single but also two left on base. In the field, he made a throwing error in the third inning but also made a spectacular play on Omir Santos' hard grounder in the ninth.
- Eric Stults will miss his turn in the rotation tomorrow. Jeff "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in" Weaver will start.
photo by Jeff Lewis/AP