- Mets: "This was not an easy series, obviously." "They have a lot of guys that are beat up over there."
- Torre took Jeff Weaver out because Weaver had a blood blister he had been draining for two innings. It developed in his last outing and showed up again in the first inning tonight. They doctored and drained it but he felt that was enough after five innings.
- Bullpen: "Troncoso did another terrific job, but I can't say enough about Leach." "I had no problem bringing him in today. We've tested him a few times and he's able to throw strikes, he's able to throw his off-speed pitches. I really wasn't concerned about bringing him in. I continue to really enjoy watching this kid grow."
- "I give Russell a ton of credit because he spent a lot of time wearing out that path back to the mound just to remind pitchers in certain situations."
- Lessons learned from the nine-game stretch outside the division: "They play every inning. It sounds pretty simple, but it's not easy to do. They've been patient. Even though at times we've been a little overanxious, hitting, we've been a very patient ball club, and we've played well under pressure so far. Especially these young kids who found out a lot about themselves too."
- Mets' offense: "David Wright's swinging the bat as well as I've ever seen him swing the bat, and we pretty much stayed away from [him]. There's always been a base open somewhere. It may not have been first, but there was a base open, where we didn't have to pitch to him. And of course Beltran, he hit some balls on the nose tonight."
- On tomorrow's off-day: "We're going to enjoy it. There's no question. You don't get very many off-days at home."
- SoSG EXCLUSIVE! Probably will rest Rafael Furcal and Russell Martin Sunday, as usual. (Now where's my Pulitzer?)