Vicente Padilla (0-0, 1.23) vs. Cole Hamels (1-0, 6.75).
What? Another Game Thread? That's right, the season didn't end Monday night — it just felt like it. There's at least nine more innings of baseball left in the Dodgers' season, and so SoSG presents:
|1. The "Don't Stop Believin' " Guy hasn't stopped believing. Hence his name.|
2. This could be the last time. It's Splitsville for Mom & Dad. Kim Ng could be hitting the 5 South. Donnie Baseball could be headed to Cleveland or D.C. O-Dog and the Wolfman will probably be signing long-term deals elsewhere. If you like this year's edition of the Dodgers, you'll want to watch every moment they have left together.
3. If you don't watch, then the Phillie Phanatic will have won. And then Tommy would be sad.
4. We still have to hold up our end of the Freeway Series. Screw the TV ratings. Another East Coast World Series? Yawn.
7. Everybody hurts. Especially Jonathan Broxton. Whatever you feel about him — and there's a lot of feelings about him out there — he needs the support of Dodger fans as long as there's still baseball to play (see Holliday, Matt).
9. Sí, se puede! Remember 1988? Get in on the ground floor. Remember the 4+1 game? Don't be the guy in his car way in the background whose taillights light up after the rally starts. Don't be that guy.
DSBG: Orel/SoSG; Broxton: David J. Phillip/AP