Happy new year! Got any resolutions? Feel free to share them in the comments.
I, SoSG Orel, resolve to:
- NOT BLAME all the Dodgers' problems on Frank and Jamie McCourt's divorce. After all, I'm sure some of it is Drew McCourt's fault too.
- NOT FREAK OUT if Matt Kemp or Andre Ethier doesn't have a great April. It is totally reasonable to expect that Kemp will win another Gold Glove (who called it, baby?) and Ethier will collect at least six more walkoff hits in 2010. Yes, totally reasonable.
- CONTINUE BELIEVING Russell Martin's 2009 was an aberration. One Drop in the bucket, so to speak.
- SUPPORT Chad Billingsley. Plunking batters isn't your style, I get it. (Not just one? Maybe a Phillie? Okay, never mind.)
- KEEP ON THINKING Clayton Kershaw and Tim Lincecum will dominate the NL West for years to come. And the Dodgers are better off having selected Kershaw instead of Lincecum in the 2006 draft.
- HOPE Manny plays like someone earning $20 million, and not like your typical 38-year-old. Because he can't be both, right?
- NOT WORRY about the starting rotation. We got it done last year with only three guys with more than 30 starts, right? We can do it again...without Randy Wolf, right? Hello...is this thing on?