Best thing this season involving Juan Pierre was the answer to yesterday's puzzle.
Here are the details:
- Madden’s choice of travel / An unexpected addition (BUS, BONUS) (ON)
- Humbug predecessor / Cookie grouping (BAH, BATCH) (TC)
- Simple bed / Sesame’s vampire (COT, COUNT) (UN)
- Signal to start / Offensive word (CUE, CURSE) (RS)
- Child’s pillow construction / Tidwell’s service (FORT, FOREST) (ES)
- 5-time Wimbledon champ / Drill’s task (BORG, BORING) (IN)
- Engine’s energy drink / Potentially hazardous cloud (FUEL, FUNNEL) (NN)
- Beast of burden / Your heart is one (MULE, MUSCLE) (SC)
- Expires / Current instabilities (DIES, EDDIES) (ED)
- Mayweather’s workplace / Fired up (RING, RARING) (AR)
- To smudge / Where chads hang (BLOT, BALLOT) (AL)
- 63,360 inches / Comparative figure of speech (MILE, SIMILE) (SI)
- Interjection for Yorick / Eucalyptus eaters (ALAS, KOALAS) (KO)
- Famous Christian / To perplex (BALE, BAFFLE) (FF)
- Hefty Giant’s nickname / Top grosser’s setting (PANDA, PANDORA) (OR)
- Butcher’s tubmate / More depressing (BAKER, BLEAKER) (LE)
- Furious / Thankless one (IRATE, INGRATE) (NG)
- Person of authority / Effective handler (ELDER, WIELDER) (WI)
- Jobs’ job / Contest for superiority (APPLE, GRAPPLE) (GR)
- Casual affair / What Cronin can’t fight (FLING, FEELING) (EE)
- Zero / Beer on tap (AUGHT, DRAUGHT) (DR)
- “Community” Spanish teacher / Runner’s irritation (CHANG, CHAFING) (FI)
Arrange the letter pairs to form:
SC OR ED WI NN IN GR UN ON DR ES FI RS TC AR EE RW AL KO FF SI NG LE
Scored winning run on Dre’s first career walkoff single.
Answer: Juan Pierre (5/25/08)
Thanks Josh for another stellar reader puzzle, and a particularly difficult one, it seems. And congratulations to the select few solvers (a season-low nine): UBragg, Fanerman, Keven C, Golem, Mr C, J Steve, Jason, Dusty Baker, and Nicholas. Rankings to be posted soon.
Next Puzzle: Monday, May 24, 7am!