Thanks to SoSG reader Bryan for noting a FanGraphs article at ESPN.com (Insider only) detailing bargain contracts of 2010. Of the five players listed, three are current or former Dodgers:
1. J.D. Drew, Red Sox (2007 -- five years, $70 million)
2. Ryan Dempster, Cubs (2009 -- four years, $52 million)
3. Casey Blake, Dodgers (2009 -- three years, $18 million)
In the first year of his new contract, he was incredibly valuable to Los Angeles, registering an .832 OPS while playing excellent defense at third. That performance was worth $20.7 million, so he's already paid for himself. That's some good news for Dodgers fans, considering the team gave up catcher Carlos Santana, one of the best prospects in baseball, in the trade to get him.
4. Juan Rivera, Angels (2009 -- three years, $12.75 million)
5. Brad Penny, Cardinals (2010 -- one year, $7.5 million)