- Clayton Kershaw got off to a shaky start, but recovered to throw 105 pitches over 5 2/3 innings.
- Nomar Garciaparra made a pinch-hit appearance in the sixth inning. "Probably 75% cheers" for Nomar by the Dodger Stadium crowd, according to SoSG reader-in-attendance Nic j.
- Nice moment: In the seventh, 31-year-old rookie Mitch Jones got his first major-league at-bat (oddly announced as such by the Dodger Stadium P.A. announcer). The crowd was totally into it — maybe because of this column* (via Diamond)? Sadly, Jones struck out on a Michael Wuertz changeup.
- Ramon Troncoso finally became human, giving up four runs on two homers in the eighth. But Cory Wade, Jonathan Broxton and Guillermo Mota picked him up.
- Casey Blake had two clutch RBIs, one in the sixth and one in the eighth.
- Dodgers are now a season-high 21 games over .500 and 4-3 in interleague play this season.
- Hero of the game? See above.
*Probably not — it's a year old.
photos 1 & 3 by Chris Carlson/AP; photo 5 by Jon SooHoo/Dodgers