Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Manny Ramirez's return to major-league action will be on Friday, July 3, two hours south of Dodger Stadium in San Diego's PETCO Park. And for a small fee, you can be there for all three games of the series as a VIP guest of the Dodgers. From Dodgers.com:
This is your chance to take a road trip with Dodger fans and spend a weekend with the Dodgers in San Diego. Join us to watch the boys in blue take on the Padres at PETCO Park. This road trip package includes transportation on the team luxury motor coach, hotel accommodations, VIP tour of PETCO Park, on-field access to watch the Dodgers take batting practice, pre-game meet and greet with a current Dodger for photographs and autographs, and a ticket for all 3 games!
- Transportation on a Team Luxury Motor Coach
- (2) Nights hotel accommodations at the Marriott San Diego Marina located adjacent to the Gaslamp District and within walking distance to the ballpark
- (1) Ticket to all three games
- On field access to watch the Dodgers take batting practice
- Meet and greet with a Dodger player for photos and autographs
- 24/7 Concierge service
Prices start at $699 for a single hotel room, or $299 if you have a buddy in San Diego who will let you crash at his pad. Sure it's pricey, but it's only money, which allows us to purchase necessities such as food, clothing and shelter. And tickets to see the Dodgers.