1. Death, taxes and the Angels beating the Dodgers. Not even the truest of the blue would have predicted a Dodgers series win this weekend, and the Dodgers stayed true to form, getting outscored 17-10 over three games.
2. Derek Lowe. Is he hurt, a headcase, or both?
3. James Loney. Two games. Three throws to second base. Two—almost three—errors. James is a SoSG favorite, but that Gold Glove-caliber defense might have to be downgraded.
4. The freakin' Diamondbacks keep winning. By taking two of three from the Tigers this weekend, the D'backs remain 5.5 games ahead of the Dodgers. Worse, the Dodgers are tied for fifth place in the wild card.
5. The Big Red Machine is coming to town. Although the Dodgers' fortunes seem to turn on a dime, the Reds are bringing the momentum of a six-game winning streak to town. Winning streaks—remember those?