John Donovan at SI lists the problem areas for each MLB team, and with the exception of a passing swipe at the Mets, he counts 29 other teams with issues. In the NL West:
• The Padres have been power-hungry forever. And they come up with Marcus Giles at second, Kevin Kouzmanoff at third and Terrmel Sledge in left. Huh?
• The Dodgers have an awesome rotation -- maybe the best in baseball -- but look iffy at third (Wilson Betemit) and defensively challenged in the outfield.
• The Giants are slow and absolutely ancient in the field, but they do have a nice, mostly youngish rotation. You wonder how Rich Aurilia will do at first, though.
• The Rockies' biggest unknown -- other than how long GM Dan O'Dowd can hang on -- is what they'll get out of rookie Troy Tulowitzki at shortstop.
• The Diamondbacks' rotation is better than you'd think, with the Big Unit back on board. But Chris Snyder's going to have to show more punch behind the plate.
Given this rundown, I think the Dodgers are sitting pretty well.