...in which the Dodgers lost today:
1. The Dodgers lost Andre Ethier to a strained left oblique. If Ethier goes on the DL and Matt Kemp doesn't return soon — like, right after the All-Star break — then it's sellin' time.
2. The Dodgers lost in their attempt to avoid being Tim Lincecum's rebound team. This was only Lincecum's third win, and his first in which the Giants didn't give up a run.
3. The Dodgers lost the game. Which seems like more of an afterthought right now.
4. The Dodgers lost the series by getting swept. The Giants outscored them 13-0. That's right, it was a scoreless sweep.
5. The Dodgers lost sole possession of first place and it looks like they'll lose it altogether...soon.
6. The Dodgers have lost 8 of their last 9. Up next are the Mets, who beat the Cubs 17-1 today. Who's up for more futility?