When does still being in first place feel like hitting rock bottom? When you're the Los Angeles Dodgers! Let's recap:
- Shut out three straight times by the hated Giants.
- Lost only other good hitter to potentially serious injury.
- Disastrous 1-8 road trip that saw the Dodgers score a total of 13 runs, four fewer than the Mets scored LAST NIGHT ALONE.
- Equipment truck broke down on the way out of Frisco.
- Juan Uribe, Dodger, is still a thing that exists.
- The Dodgers are still technically in first place, but they have to share the catbird seat with the Gnats. Imagine a seat that had to support both Uribe and Sandoval!
- Chris Capuano has been, uh, pretty damn good...but he's being asked to halt a 4-game losing streak for the second time in under a week. Ugh.
- Chris Young has been not so hot against the Dodgers in the past, going 2-5 with a 4.02 ERA. Plus, he's a friggin' giant in the physical sense, and it will feel good to knock around a giant.
- Tonight is Eric Karros Bobblehead Night, so maybe the home run leader will remind them that the ball can actually fly all the way over the fence. (Though, I'd settle for over the second baseman's head at this point.)