The answer to yesterday's puzzle is James Loney.
There are four steps to solving it:
- First, unscramble the image on the left. Dig through your CD collection for a reference image if necessary. The unscrambling process will be helpful for two different reasons, one of which is the resulting message "X's mark the spots". Keep that in mind.
- Divide the image on the right into a 4x4 grid as is the left image. Then re-arrange the resulting sixteen pieces "in sync" with how you unscrambled the left image:
- Next, find the hidden words. Here are the 32 words you're looking for:
- Seven (7) Spice Girls or Central American countries: Brown, Bunton, Halliwell, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, and Panama;
- Six (6) Entourage actors or Sex and the City characters: Ferrara, Grenier, Piven, Hobbes, Jones, York;
- Seven (7) current Supreme Court Justices or 5 last contestants on Rock of Love Bus: Roberts, Ginsburg, Thomas, Stevens, Mindy, Beverly, Ashley;
- Six (6) top 5 career NFL passing leaders or bottom 5 1st round NBA draftees: Favre, Elway, Moon, Eyenga, Douglas, Gibson;
- Six (6) last 5 MLB perfect game throwers or first 5 World Cup host countries: Cone, Rogers, Wells, Brazil, France, Italy.
And here is where they lie in the now-unscrambled word search:
- And finally, going back to the unscrambled message "X's mark the spots," look only at the letters that are part of two intersecting words. You will see there are 11 such letters, which when read in sequence spell "Number Seven". James Loney.
And with that, we will likely never hear Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Mindy from Rock of Love Bus mentioned together again, much less multiple times by multiple people in a single thread.
Congratulations to UBragg, Quadsevens, BWrightson, Josh S, Drewdez, Mr Customer, J Steve, and Fanerman.
Updated rankings soon, and next puzzle tomorrow, 7am. A Grand Slam puzzle!