Somewhere, somehow, in the second image are 32 hidden words. These words are broken down as follows (unless otherwise noted, for words that are people, only their last names appear):
- Seven (7) are either Spice Girls or Central American countries;
- Six (6) are either a main Entourage actor, or a main Sex and the City character;
- Seven (7) are either current Supreme Court Justices or the first names of one of the 5 last contestants on Rock of Love Bus;
- Six (6) are either among the top 5 career NFL passing leaders or among the bottom 5 players picked in the 1st round of the 2009 NBA draft; and
- Six (6) are either one of the last 5 MLB perfect game throwers or one of the first 5 World Cup host countries.
So there you have it...good luck!
Oh, that's right, the first image. It's relevant to the puzzle too.
Hint #1 (9:15am): It's not a mistake: we know how to spell *NSYNC the band.
Hint #2 (10:10am): Unscrambling the image on the left is important for two separate reasons.
Hint #3 (12:03pm): The 7 words you are looking for in the 3rd category above (Supreme Court Justices or Rock of Love contestants) are Roberts, Ginsburg, Thomas, Stevens, Mindy, Beverly, and Ashley. If you can't find them, you need to figure out why.
Hint #4 (1:18pm): There are four distinct steps to solving the puzzle:
- Unscramble the image on the left
- Something else
- Find the words in the word search
- Something else
Hint #5 (2:32pm): If you think step 4 is along the lines of this puzzle, you are sooooooo wrong.
Hint #6 (4:36pm): Here are the 32 words you're looking for:
- Seven (7) Spice Girls or Central American countries: Brown, Bunton, Halliwell, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, and Panama;
- Six (6) Entourage actors or Sex and the City characters: Ferrara, Grenier, Piven, Hobbes, Jones, York;
- Seven (7) current Supreme Court Justices or 5 last contestants on Rock of Love Bus: Roberts, Ginsburg, Thomas, Stevens, Mindy, Beverly, Ashley;
- Six (6) top 5 career NFL passing leaders or bottom 5 1st round NBA draftees: Favre, Elway, Moon, Eyenga, Douglas, Gibson;
- Six (6) last 5 MLB perfect game throwers or first 5 World Cup host countries: Cone, Rogers, Wells, Brazil, France, Italy.
Puzzle Rules: The answer to the puzzle is a current Dodger. Comment freely in the thread, but if you have the solution, please don't give it away to everyone in the comments section. Instead, do the following:
- Email us with the first and last name of the answer, as well as your reasoning. And please include your screen name somewhere in the email; and
- Post a comment simply saying you have emailed your solution attempt. I may not be able to reply to your original email promptly, so please be patient and check back on the comment thread for the latest news; I may confirm correct answers there.
You have until midnight PT tonight to submit your answer. Good luck!
Not familiar with SoSG's off-day puzzle competition? We're always looking for more participants!