A lot of movement in the rankings this week:
(750 possible points)
Others receiving votes: berkowit28 192, wicks 160, mlasf 144, erin 135, loney fan 130, ll cool l 100, karina 75, neeebs 75, fred's brim 75, m.s.t.i. 60, midnightdrive 50, dunkhawk 50, dangarion 40, dusto magnifico 20, awesome 20, rbnlaw 20.
And it looks like Vegas has started taking bets for the last third of the puzzle season. Here are the current odds:
- UBragg (3 to 1) - The overall favorite, but with one prize under his belt, will he grow complacent?
- BWrightson (9 to 2) - Can he can catch UBragg before the rolling 7-puzzle methodology succubus mistress catches him?
- Mr Customer (6 to 1) - Previous champ suddenly finds a lot more worthy competition surrounding him.
- Fanerman (8 to 1) - Experts agree: if he would quit his job, Fanerman could come home with the puzzle title.
- Josh S (8 to 1) - And after she catches BWrightson, she's coming for you, Josh S.
- QuadSevens (10 to 1) - While he is outshining archrivals Loney Fan and Jose, Quad has to prove he can keep up with the new generation of puzzlers. Must also work on his word-puzzle skills.
- J Steve (10 to 1) - Ranking-wise, he seems to hang around the 5-to-10 range. Pretty long odds to jump to the top.
- Drewdez (25 to 2) - If UBragg is Kobe and BWrightson is LeBron, then is Drewdez Derrick Rose? It's exciting to think of the possibilities if everything falls into place.
- Jose (13 to 1) - Former champ's bugaboo seems to be motivation.
Longshots...but not totally impossible:
- Keven C (16 to 1) - Clearly has potential, but doesn't always show up.
- Berkowit28 (33 to 2) - Nobody questions his motivation, but lately he's been inconsistent.
- Wicks (30 to 1)
- Loney Fan (36 to 1)
- Erin (36 to 1)
- MLASF (36 to 1)
- LL Cool L (36 to 1)
- Fred's Brim (36 to 1)
- Neeebs (60 to 1)
- Karina (60 to 1)
- M.S.T.I. (60 to 1)
- DunkHawk (60 to 1)
- The Field (24 to 1)
So there you have it. Who's your money on?
Next puzzle 7am Thursday August 13!