...not on our sidebar. In alphabetical order:
- ...by Ken Levine. More entertainment- than baseball-related, although DodgerTalk co-host/Albuquerque Isotopes name-bestower/writer/director/producer Levine certainly has enough baseball cred to pass muster in just about any sports circle. Funny and insightful stuff, especially for those who like behind-the-scenes Hollywood stories.
- Dodgerama. This site really hit its stride when proprietor Joshua Worley introduced the concept of Unfair Win Shares, a delightfully observational and unscientific measurement of, well, unfairness. Guess which pitcher leads the team in Unfair Loss Shares?
- Joe Posnanski. Kansas City Star sports columnist Posnanski blends deep baseball knowledge with random pop culture references, and a lot of asterisked footnotes, in his always-entertaining blog. He's also the author of The Soul of Baseball: A Road Trip Through Buck O'Neil's America, which is on my must-read list.
- Pitchers & Poets. Taking its name from a Robert Frost quote, this well-written site features, yes, poetry — specifically, a baseball-related "Poem of the Week" — as well as thoughtful baseball writing in the vein of Cardboard Gods. Be sure to check out their nifty "Baseball Mixtape" feature.
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule. As P&P puts it, "Sergio Leone & the Infield Fly Rule not only has the best name (and arguably best banner image) in the history of blogs, but makes great reading." This blog is the considerable work of Dennis Cozzalio, who writes mostly eclectic film commentary but indulges in the occasional Dodger post.