After much thought, discussion, and focus group testing, we've decided to restructure the PCS Rankings. All contestants now start from zero for Season II.
As before, Quad is in the top spot, with his archrival Loney Fan right behind him. Here are the full rankings:
Others receiving votes: dusto magnifico 10, karina 10, neeebs 10, damon 10, gil gamesh 10, dangarion 10, jose 10, wicks 10
Here again is how points and rankings are tabulated:
- A new puzzle will be posted at 7am PT on each Dodger off-day.
- You will have until midnight that night to solve it.
- "PCS" Points will be awarded for every reader who solves the puzzle, attempts to solve it, or participates in the discussion, as follows:
- Each puzzle carries a full PCS Point value of 100 points. In rare cases, this full point value may be adjusted for particularly easy, difficult, or important puzzles.
- The first correct solution submitted garners the full PCS Point value. The 2nd correct solution gets somewhat fewer points, the 3rd gets even fewer points. At some point (sometimes at the 3rd correct answer, sometimes at the 6th, depending on number of correct answers), all subsequent correct answers get the same amount of points.
- There is a small point award for commenting/participation, even if you don't get the correct solution.
- Point totals start from zero at the beginning of the season. Over the season, every participant's PCS Point totals are tracked.
- Point totals are based on the results of a rolling 7-puzzle span. Thus, the results from Puzzle #1 will no longer count when we get to Puzzle #8.
- Rankings will be updated and posted after each new puzzle.
- When necessary at at SoSG's sole discretion, subjective adjustments to point totals or ranking methodology may be made.
- "PCS" stands for "Puzzle Championship Series."
Now that we're starting from scratch, there's full transparency in scoring, at least for this puzzle (not all puzzles are scored identically). And this season we've installed an automated PCS Point tabulating system. But it's still in Beta testing so I can't guarantee there won't be mistakes - although it did catch some minor non-impacting mistakes from last season. If you think we've made a scoring mistake, let us know.
Thanks all for playing, especially puzzle newcomers natalie, andrew, ubragg, brandon, and wicks!
Next puzzle, April 20 at 7am PT.