With his 4-minute mastery of the Leading Off Puzzle coupled with Jose's off-day, Quad finds himself back at the top of the PCS Rankings for the first time since August 5, 2008! Jose hovers a mere 15 points behind, while the rest of the top 5 (Fanerman, J Steve, and MSTI) remains intact.
Here are the full rankings:
And here's a refresher on how the PCS Points and Rankings are tabulated:
They pick up where last year's season-end rankings left off.
- They're based on the results of a rolling 7-puzzle span, which at this time goes back to this puzzle. Thus, the results from this puzzle will no longer count after the next puzzle.
- Each puzzle carries a full PCS Point value of 100 points. In rare cases, this full point value may be adjusted for particularly easy, difficult, or important puzzles.
- The first correct solution submitted garners the full PCS Point value. The 2nd correct solution gets somewhat fewer points, the 3rd gets even fewer points. At some point (sometimes at the 3rd correct answer, sometimes at the 6th, depending on number of correct answers), all subsequent correct answers get the same amount of points.
- There is a small point award for effort/participation, even if you don't get the correct solution.
- Rankings will be updated and posted after each new puzzle.
- When necessary at at SoSG's sole discretion, subjective adjustments to point totals or ranking methodology may be made.