To get us all ready for THE START OF THE REGULAR SEASON, I present some 11 Points' List of the GREATEST BASEBALL NICKNAMES EVER. Some of which are due for a comeback or re-branding. You can read the full article here:
1. Bob "Death to Flying Things" FergusonSuddenly, WWE nicknames seem a little less assy. (Speaking of, I was always partial to Lanny Poffo, who went by "Leaping" and then reinvented himself as "The Genius.")
2. Lou "Biscuit Pants" Gehrig - As Humpty Hump said, just grab 'em in the biscuits
3. Pud "The Little Steam Engine" Galvin
4. Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown - Who, non-ironically enough, only did have three fingers
5. "Gentleman" George Decker - "Caballero" Carlos Zambrano
6. Hugh "Losing Pitcher" Mulcahy - Barry Zito's already dusting this name off
7. Frank "The Piano Mover" Smith
8. George "High Pockets" Kelly
9. Burleigh "Ol' Stubblebeard" Grimes - Not to be confused with Los Feliz's famed sloshery "Ye Olde Rustic Inn"
10. William Van Winkle "Chicken" Wolf
11. George "Twinkletoes" Selkirk - I dare anyone to call Milton Bradley this
Loyal (and Cheating) Readers - Any suggestions for nicknames for our current roster? Throw them in the comments.