- Congrats to Big League Stew on debuting Evan Longoria's New Era spot (above). Be sure to check out Longoria's Ferris Bueller moment.
- Vin Scully won't be broadcasting today's game, so get your Vin fix with this post-boo boo interview. SUNDAY Q&A: Dodgers Hall of Fame broadcaster Scully remains the voice of choice (Tom Hoffarth, Daily News)
- The MLB Network dropped us a line:
FYI, Hall of Famer, Los Angeles Dodgers Special Advisor and Major League Baseball ambassador Tommy Lasorda will be at MLB Network's Secaucus, New Jersey studios to celebrate Opening Day tomorrow, April 5. Lasorda will appear live on-set throughout the afternoon as part of MLB Network's extended coverage of the day.
"MLB Tonight" will go live [today] beginning at 12:00 p.m. ET with MLB Network's Matt Vasgersian, Harold Reynolds and newest analyst John Smoltz. Coverage will include interviews with managers and front office staff, coverage of President Obama's first pitch at the Phillies at Nationals game, and updates, highlights and live look-ins of every game.
- We are no longer the new Luddites on the block! Dodger Blues has joined Twitter at @dodgerblues.
- We don't talk about scouts enough. Here's a small attempt to address that. Dodgers' growing super scout Ron Rizzi: One year after discovering Ronald Belisario, he comes up with Carlos Monasterios (Steve Dilbeck, Dodgers Blog)
- Road trip to Milwaukee, anyone? Italian Sausage Gets Bobbled (dodgerbobble)
Monday, April 05, 2010
Good morning! Have you noticed the sun is a little brighter today? That you have an extra bounce in your step? That the dregs of life are slightly less corrosive in your throat? Happy Opening Day!