We're a pretty generous group of Sons here at SoSG. And with SoSG EK's Smonkstakes looking like it ain't going to end any time soon, it's time to run another contest simultaneously.
At stake is the Lakers t-shirt you see at the top of this post (it's a mens large). As you know, today kicks off the 2010 NBA Finals, the culmination of the 139-month NBA season, and SoSG wants to celebrate as we cheer on Los Angeles' other team.
So this contest goes as follows:
- Sometime before tonight's Dodgers GameThread posts (scheduled for this afternoon at 4pm), a new thread will go up entitled "SoSG Lakers Contest: Round One".
- From the point in time that this new thread posts, you have 30 minutes to post a comment with your guess as to which Los Angeles Laker will take the last Lakers shot of the first half. (I will use the ESPN GameCast play-by-play transcript record.)
- One and only one guess will be registered per person, so make your guess wisely and NO changing your mind once the first guess is listed. Commenters trying to remove their prior comment will be disqualified.
- Any comment that registers AFTER the half-hour period expires will not be valid.
- The pool of people with correct guesses will advance to the next round, where more chicanery (and possibly just a random drawing, depending on how this first round goes) will ensue.
One final thing: I don't have time for a lot of administrivia, so any and all judgments of the Sons of Steve Garvey are final, including reaching the point at which I might get tired of tabulating all the names and guesses. If I miss your post accidentally, and/or screw up on the judgment, I'm sorry, but that's the way it goes. (So it's to your benefit to make your guess as crystal-clear and as early as possible in the time period allowed.)
All I can assure you is, the t-shirt prize will be awarded. And quite likely earlier than Smonk.
Also, if you're considering gaming the system and making multiple guesses under different screennames: come on, dude, it's a frickin' t-shirt. Please keep it in the pants.
Thanks and good luck!