- Russell Martin: 3 H, 2 RBI, 1 HR. Maybe the kid can handle batting second after all.
- Randy Wolf: 6.0 IP, 4 ER (including 2 HRs). Not a spectacular line, but encouraging given his injury history.
- Jonathan Broxton, monstrous.
- Matt Kemp given the start, goes 0 for 4 but made some solid contact.
- Uh, we lost.
- 8 men LOB.
- Juan Pierre: Hitless in 2 games.
- Luis Gonzalez. Also hitless in 2 games. And beat reporters are using euphemisms like "exciting" and "an adventure" to describe his defense. Let me offer another word: CRAP.
Said Gonzo: "It's no secret, I've been playing 17 years. What you see is what you get. I'm not 21."
No sir, you are not. But I know of someone's who's 22 who should be playing every day. JAMES LONEY.
UPDATES ON GUYS WHO CAN'T HELP US JUST YET
In more bad news, Rafael Furcal is still weeks away from returning.
In good-ish, news, Larry Bigbie is still in the Dodger organization...for now. Writes Steve Henson at the L.A. Times:
Outfielder Larry Bigbie will have a second opportunity to leave the Dodgers organization if he isn't promoted from triple A. According to his agent, Seth Levinson, an escape clause will be triggered in Bigbie's contract June 1 similar to the one he had for three days beginning last Thursday.
From Tony Jackson at the Daily News:
The chorizo, a new addition to the sausage race this year, won easily tonight, matching the Italian for the lead in the sausage-race standings.