Here are some important puzzle notes to share with your loved ones:
- There are 18 off-days this season and thus 18 puzzles in the PCS season.
- Prizes will be awarded after the 6th, 12th, and 18th puzzles, based of course on PCS point totals (in each case, a prize will be awarded for at least 1st place, but possibly 2nd and 3rd as well).
- Once again borrowing from pro tennis and golf, three puzzles will be deemed Grand Slam Puzzles: Puzzles #6, #12, and #18. They are the big kahunas upon which immortality is built. The reasons for this are threefold:
- They are the final puzzles before each of the award giveaways.
- They will be worth more than the standard 100 PCS points.
- Due to the 7-puzzle methodology, the points earned from the 6th and 12th puzzles actually count towards two prizes. If you do the math, you'll see that the 6th puzzle count towards both the 1st and 2nd prize giveaways, and the 12th puzzle count towards both the 2nd and 3rd giveaways. And the 18th and last puzzle will be worth most the points of all.
- The next puzzle - this Thursday - is Puzzle #6, and is thus SoSG's inaugural Grand Slam puzzle! It will be worth 120 PCS Points, and our first prize (or prizes) will be awarded at its conclusion.
That's all for now. Be sure you eat your Wheaties for the first Grand Slam Puzzle in 2 days!