Here are the standings after the regulation 3 rounds. Please verify:
|1. Fred's Brim||1. djansson|
|2. TD||2. Mr C|
|3. Jason||3. Wicks|
|4. Matt||4. J Steve|
| || || || |
|1. Keven C||1. Scott|
|2. Dusty Baker||2. fanerman|
|3. Steve Dittmore||3. rbnlaw|
|4. Greg||4. Bryan|
If these standings hold, that means we have some ties to sort out! Tiebreaker rules will be posted here shortly...
Ok, here are our penalty kick matches:
- GROUP A: TD vs Jason vs Matt
- GROUP B: Dusty vs Steve Dittmore
- GROUP D: Scott vs rbnlaw (epic rematch!) for #1 seed
******REVISED TIEBREAKING RULES*******
The tiebreaking matchups take place tomorrow at 9am PT. And just like real soccer, they will consist of 5 penalty kick rounds, as follows:
- Tomorrow at 8am, a thread will appear called "Flo vs Deltalina: Penalty Kick Rounds Begin!".
- Between 9am and 12noon PT inclusive (note this time window is different from previous rounds), each participant involved in a shootout must post 5 comments.
- This time, the last two digits of each comment is what matters.
- I heard somewhere that penalty shooters hit around 75-76% of their shots. So any score 75 or lower will be considered a goal. Anything 76 or above is a miss.
- At the end of the 5 rounds, whoever has the most goals wins.
- If it's tied after 5 rounds, it goes to sudden death (each player gets a shot until one hits theirs and the other misses). The time window will be extended to 1pm PT for competitors involved in sudden death.
- Regarding Group A: Well, having never experienced a three-way myself, I'm gonna have to take a stab at how it will work. I suppose if any two players (or all three) are tied at the end of the 5 shots (including a tie for 2nd place), those players continue in sudden death until one loses or wins.
- Note that, unlike real soccer, the adversaries don't need to alternate turns in their shots, as this would be impossible to enforce. Scott can comment 5 times followed by rbnlaw's 5 comments an hour later. But be aware if your matchup goes to sudden death, as you will need additional comments.
Got it? Good luck tomorrow for those participating! I will also try to start Round 3 tomorrow afternoon (that's why the penalty kick round was moved up into the morning), but depends on my work schedule...