So we talked about the World Cup-inspired format. Now, regarding the actual rules, instead of a competition based on speed or volume of comments, this time we're going with something a little different (translation: I need a break from tracking the source and/or timing of hundreds of comments). So here are the rules for Round 2's competition, beginning today at noon in this very post (thanks to Orel for helping with the concept):
- For each of the next 3 days, including today, a post will appear titled "Flo vs Deltalina: Round 2-X Begins!" Today, that post is this one. For tomorrow and Wednesday, the post will appear at 9am PT.
- In the thread it will review the pairings for that sub-Round. Today is 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4.
- Your are welcome to comment as you wish in the thread, but only your first 2 comments on or after 12noon PT will matter. Plus, you must comment by
4pm3pm PT or you lose the round (unless your opponent is also MIA).
- Whenever you make a comment, there is a url associated with it. You can see this url by clicking on the individual post and scrolling over the timestamp of the comment. It is in the format http://www.sonsofstevegarvey.com/2009/12/off-season-reading.html?showComment=1260052730521#c7896033777979927329.
- For this competition, the last digit in the sequence of numbers is what counts (in the above example, the number "9"). Add up the last digit of the url of each of your first 2 comments made on or after 12noon PT, and that is your score for that sub-Round.
- Remember, in a given sub-Round, you are only competing against one other participant. Compare your score with that of your opponent to determine win, lose, or tie, as per the World Cup Group Play structure explained earlier today.
- So, as you can see, neither speed nor accuracy is an issue.
- At the end of the 3 sub-Rounds, the top two participants in each Group will advance.
Got it? So here again are the groups:
|GROUP A||score||GROUP C||score|
|1. Fred's Brim||2+3= 5||1. djansson||9+2= 11|
|2. TD||4+5= 9||2. Mr Customer||0+8= 8|
|3. Jason||5+8= 13||3. Wicks||8+6= 14|
|4. Matt||2+2= 4||4. J Steve||7+6= 13|
| || || || |
|GROUP B||score||GROUP D||score|
|1. Keven C||4+3= 7||1. Scott||n/a|
|2. Dusty Baker||8+3= 11||2. fanerman||9+4= 13|
|3. Steve Dittmore||3+6= 9||3. rbnlaw||6+8= 14|
|4. Greg||0+9= 9||4. Bryan||8+4= 12|
And here again is the schedule of play:
- sub-Round 2-A (today): 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4
- sub-Round 2-B (tomorrow): 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4
- sub-Round 2-C (Wednesday): 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3
Again, this is sub-Round 2-A, so within each group it's 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4. Wait 'til noon and comment below wisely!