Congrats to Team Deltalina for their victory in Round I-A! Team Flo better muster up a victory in Sub-Round I-B.
Now buckle up for Round I-B, starting tomorrow. It's basically a game of hot potato. Here are the rules:
- Tomorrow at 9am PT, a post will appear titled "Flo vs Deltalina, Round I-B Begins!"
- You will see above you are paired with another player on your team, with a total of 7 pairs per team.
- Each pair is numbered 1-14 and in sequence (the letter F or D merely indicates Flo or Deltalina).
- The pairs must comment in sequence. Pair 1F must comment first. Either player in the pair - Josh S or Drewdez - may comment. It is not necessary for both players to comment. As soon as either one comments, it is Pair 2D's turn to comment.
- Again, either player in pair 2D - Fred's Brim or Bryan - must comment. Once one of them does, the 'hot potato' goes to Pair 3F, and so on.
- At four subsequent, unannounced-but-already-determined times between 9am and 5pm, four additional posts will appear titled "FvD Round I-B: Checkpoint X," where X is a number 1 through 4.
- At each of the four "Checkpoint" post, which have already been scheduled (i.e., this game is completely unbiased), whoever's turn it is to comment gets penalized by having the other team get a point. Basically you don't want to get caught with the hot potato when the Checkpoint posts appear. Two examples:
- If the "Checkpoint 1" post appears at 10:00am, and pair 2D had posted at 9:55am, followed by Pair 3F at 10:03am, Team Deltalina would score a point because when the Checkpoint 1 post appeared at 10am, it was Pair 3F's turn to comment.
- If the "Checkpoint 1" post appears at 10:00am, and pair D2 had posted at 9:59am, followed by Pair F3 also at 9:59am, followed by Pair D4 at 10:00am, Team Flo would score the point because Pair F3 was the last to comment (and thus Pair D4 was caught on deck).
- All Checkpoints are worth 1 point except Checkpoint 4, which is worth 2 points.
- As always, comments are welcome at anytime, but only comments made in turn count towards the game.
- If one pair falls asleep and never responds when their turn comes up, after an hour any other member of that team can swoop in with a comment to pass the hot potato to the next pair in the sequence.
- If the sequence gets down to the last pair (14D), the sequence kicks back up to the first Pair 1F.
- Once the fourth checkpoint is posted, whichever team has the most points wins!
- Just FYI - the Checkpoint posts will have comments disabled just to avoid confusion of people commenting in the wrong thread.
Until tomorrow at 9am, rest up!