Congratulations Deltalina on your Round I victory! So below is some info about how Round 2 will be structured (it starts at noon today).
But first things first. I had a few ideas regarding how to pick the two Flo Wildcard entrants, but they all would have involved sifting through the 1,900+ comments and timestamps in the three Round I posts, so, yeah, exactly: no way. Instead, the first two Flo-ites to comment here are in. Not the fairest way I know, but hey, sometimes life is unfair.
UPDATE: Keven C and Mr Customer have claimed the two wildcard spots
So now, about the Round 2 format. In honor of the recently announced World Cup groupings, Round 2 will be based on that tournament's group play, as follows:
- Each of the 16 participants were divided into four groups below, with each participant in a group assigned a number 1-4:
GROUP A GROUP C 1. Fred's Brim 1. djansson 2. TD 2. Mr Customer 3. Jason 3. Wicks 4. Matt 4. J Steve GROUP B GROUP D 1. Keven C 1. Scott 2. Dusty Baker 2. fanerman 3. Steve Dittmore 3. rbnlaw 4. Greg 4. Bryan
- Round 2 is a round-robin within each group. In other words, each participant will play each other participant in his group once (called a sub-Round). So there are a total of three sub-Rounds, as follows:
- sub-Round 2-A (today): 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4
- sub-Round 2-B (tomorrow): 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4
- sub-Round 2-C (Wednesday): 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3
- A win is worth 3 points. A tie is 1 point. A loss 0 points.
- At the end of the round-robin, the top two participants in each group advance.
So that's the format. As far as the actual rules of the competition, that will be posted at 10:30am PT today, and sub-Round 2-A begins at 12 noon today!