Read 'em and weep:
(750 possible points)
Others receiving votes: josh s 151, m.l.a.s.f. 129, fred's brim 90, awesome 85, m.s.t.i. 80, karina 75, neeebs, 75, gil gamesh 75, wicks 70, drewdez 50, erin 50, ll cool l 50, natalie 50, midnightdrive 50, dusto magnifico 45, rbnlaw 35, dangarion 30, brandon 15, lauro 10, nic j 10, rob 10
With today's rankings release comes a brief overview of the major PCS rivalries:
- UBragg vs Mr Customer - The fight for puzzle supremacy rages on. Mr Customer edged out UBragg for the top spot in the first prize give-away, but UBragg has since surged ahead and shows little sign of slowing down. But I'd advise both to keep an eye out for threats both past and future in the form of ex-champ Jose and relative newcomers BWrightson and Keven C, all of whom are quietly inching upwards.
- QuadSevens vs Jose - These were the two who battled each other throughout last year, with Quad dominating the 1st half and Jose dominating the 2nd half. Is the same trend going to hold true this year?
- QuadSevens vs Loney Fan - Yes, Quad has two arch-rivals. I am unsure of the origins of this one, but its genesis may lie with SoSG March Madness or SoSG Baseball. The two are separated by a mere 17 points.
- Neeebs vs Karina - I'm not sure why, but I'm throwing down this rivalry right now. It seems appropriate. They've been within a few PCS points of each other all season long and now find themselves tied at 75.
- Berkowit28 vs Forgetting it was a Puzzle Day, Lacking Pop Culture Knowledge, Lacking a Color Printer, Misreading Martin for Milton, Facing Puzzles That Are Solved Differently Than Previous Puzzles, and Not Having Even Two Colored Pencils Much Less Seven - How much misfortune can one man take? Despite being disadvantaged again and again by fate's cruel sense of humor, this week he still managed to enter the top 5. And I thought Jim Abbott's no-hitter was impressive.
So there you have it. And don't forget, there are two puzzles next week:
- Monday, July 13, 7am
- Wednesday, July 15, 7am - Grand Slam!