Finally, C-4 Thursdays have arrived! Yes...without any meaningful baseball for the next five months, the SoSG staff is re-channeling their competitive juices by hereby throwing down the gauntlet to their readership in a no-holds barred game of Connect Four. Here's how it works:
- For those unfamiliar with Connect Four, the game is played by having the two adversaries take turns dropping a colored piece into one of seven columns. The piece will drop to the bottom and fill the lowest-available cell in its column. Whoever is able to align four of their pieces in a row - horizontally, vertically, or diagonally - wins.
- The SoSG Writers, with the black pieces, have made the first move, as indicated in the game board below. The SoSG Readers, with the red pieces, must now make their move by way of the poll.
- Feel free to attempt to sway your fellow Readers' vote via bribes, intimidation, or discussions of "strategy" via the comments section. Whatever you think you need to do.
- Every Thursday we will update the game board with both the Readers' last move (i.e., results of the previous poll) and the Writers' move in response.
- If you Readers win the game, a prize beyond your wildest dreams will be awarded. If the Writers win the game, we expect the same.
Your move, suckers: