We are the no ringers team, the essence of beer league softball purity. We wear Pop's number not for reflected glory, but because we are proud to be a scrawny leaf on the mighty Dad tree. Dad is no doubt secretly disappointed in us, but admires our gumption and beer-swilling.
- WHAT: 2012 Dodger Blogger End-of-Season Softball Tournament
- WHEN: Saturday, September 29, 2012
- WHO: organized by Mike Brown of theLFP.com
- WHERE: Big League Dreams in West Covina
- PRICE: $35 per player (will include an SoSG T-shirt, if John G. and I can get our shit together)
- WHY: proceeds benefit the Angelus Temple Dream Center
The current SoSG lineup. Please update your status in the comments section. And we can use all the help we can get, so feel free to join. There are multiple games, so everyone will play. Even if Neeebs has to pitch his arm off again!
2. Cliff Beefpile*
3. Dusty Baker's Toothpick*
4. Eugenio's Streak*
5. Mrs. Eugenio's Streak
6. Johnny Blanchard*
9. Lubby De La Rosa
10. Mrs. Lubby De La Rosa
13. SoSG Nomo*
14. SoSG Orel*
15. SoSG Stubbs*
The registration page is up and it is a whole lot easier this time around. When you players sign up for your teams they will be buying a ticket. All they have to do is print it out and bring out to the park the day of the event.
The rules are the same as last time and you can find them on the LFP site on the Tournament page. I did not invite back that ringer team who slipped in so I'm hoping we will have a more competitive tournament.