The Dodgers' 2008 promotional calendar just came out, and look at these highlights:
- Joe Torre and Takashi Saito each get bobbleheads. Torre's is not unexpected; Saito's is overdue. There's a secret third one that will probably be a fan vote (like last year); I'm pulling for Larry Bowa.
- LED lights at the March 29 Red Sox game at the Coliseum. Anyone else foresee a "lights out" moment written into the game script?
- April 15 gets the 50th Anniversary Blanket. In case Drew McCourt is reading, 2008 - 50 = 1958.
- May 11 is the aforementioned Lip Gloss giveaway. Can this year's shade at least be Dodger Blue (instead of Second Half Swoon Red)?
- July 27 is 50th Anniversary Autograph Day, where all fans can bring in their autographs from fifty years ago.
- August 3 is Dodger Build a Bear. No details are given about this event, but I'm guessing you can buy a Chan Ho Park doll and stuff it with a heart, or a Jason Schmidt doll and stuff it with a bursa sac, or a Tommy Lasorda doll and just stuff the hell out of it.
- August 15 is the Think Cure Radio Telethon. Please, please let Rick Monday host, so listeners will never know how much money was raised.
Thank you, Hermosa Beach! I'm here all week.