Hallelujah. Instead of $15 per car, it's now $10.
We've documented the McCourt Era's continual gaffes with parking fees and policies throughout the history of this fine blog:
- Doubling the parking fee, during his ownership tenure, from $8 to $15.
- Molasses-speed parking lot jams due to a faulty new "system".
- Disregard for nearby residents' concerns.
- Wimpy enforcement of no-tailgating policies.
- Buck-passing when it came to subsidizing transportation alternatives.
- Taking the parking fee increase to astronomical levels for special occasions.
- Trying to convince the fans that the parking increase was due to other stadium renovation work.
- Even using the furor over parking mishaps to conceal other management ills.
Look, we all know that Arte Moreno got a lot of press after taking the helm in Anaheim (the suburb of Los Angeles) and cutting the price of beer in the stadium. Here's a toast to Stan, Mark, Magic, and the Goob for making their ownership stamp visible and clear. This Son, for one, really appreciates it. (Now about all those prepaid parking fees for my season tickets...)
For the record, Arte only cut the price of beer 16%.