With 2013 spring training around the corner, I suppose it's finally time to take the 2012 SoSG results and memorialize our record, in 2012 games attended, for all time.
Here's the scoop:
SoSG 2012 Record: 24-18
4/10 vs. PIT, W (2-1), Dusty, Orel, Sax
4/12 vs. PIT, W (3-2), Stubbs
4/14 vs. SD, W (6-1), Dusty, Nomo
4/23 vs. ATL, W (7-2), Orel
4/27 vs. WSH, W (3-2), Dusty, Stubbs
4/28 vs. WSH, W (4-3 (10)), Dusty, Orel, Sax
4/29 vs. WSH, W (2-0), Nomo
5/7 vs. SF, W (9-1), Dusty, Nomo
5/11 vs. COL, W (7-3), AC
5/12 vs. COL, W (2-1), Dusty
5/14 vs. ARI, W (3-1), Orel, Stubbs
5/15 vs. ARI, L (5-1), AC, Dusty, Nomo, Orel
5/18 vs. STL, W (6-5), AC
5/20 vs. STL, W (6-5), Dusty
5/25 vs. HOU, L (3-1), Sax
5/27 vs. HOU, W (5-1), DelinO
5/29 vs. MIL, L (2-1), DelinO, Dusty
5/31 vs. MIL, L (6-2), Stubbs
6/11 vs. ANA, L (3-2), Sax
6/13 vs. ANA, L (2-1), Nomo, Sax
6/16 vs. CWS, L (5-4), Dusty
6/24 @ ANA, L (5-3), Nomo
6/28 vs. NYM, L (3-2), Dusty
6/30 vs. NYM, L (5-0), DelinO, Dusty, Sax
7/1 vs. NYM, W (8-3), DelinO
7/3 vs. CIN, W (3-1), Dusty, Nomo
7/13 vs. SD, W (2-1), Dusty, Nomo, Stubbs
7/14 vs. SD, L (7-6), Dusty
7/18 vs. PHI, W (5-3 (12)), Nomo, Sax
7/29 @ SF, W (4-0), Sax
7/30 vs. ARI, L (7-2), Nomo, Stubbs
7/31 vs. ARI, L (8-2), Dusty
8/3 vs. CHC, W (6-1), Sax
8/4 vs. CHC, W (3-1), Orel
8/7 vs. COL, L (3-1), AC, DelinO, Dusty, Sax
8/21 vs. SF, L (4-1), Dusty
8/30 vs. AZ, L (2-0), AC, Dusty, Nomo, Orel
9/2 vs. AZ, W (5-4), Orel, Sax
9/13 vs. STL, L (2-1), Nomo
9/14 vs. STL, W (8-5), Dusty
9/16 vs. STL, L ((5-2 (12)), Sax, Stubbs
9/29 vs. COL, W (3-0), Nomo
Some thoughts on this year's overall record:
- We broke out of the blocks with an amazing 11-0 start, sort of like how the Dodgers started their 2012 season, with a lot of fire.
- After trading off some wins and losses, we then broke off an eight-game losing streak, with the wheels falling off the wagon...again, sort of like how the Dodgers continued their 2012 season, exploding in a fiery mass of destruction.
- Amazingly, all but one of the Sons of Steve Garvey fared about even. Nomo went 7-6 and Stubbs went 4-3, so both of them ended a game above .500. Dusty (10-10) and Sax (6-6) were perfectly mediocre. And AC and DelinO each went 2-3, one game below .500. Orel was the lucky Son, going 6-2.
- Just to point out once more, Dusty went to 20 Dodger games last year. Nice.
- The Sons of Steve Garvey ended up going to 42 games last year in total, 40 of which were home games--so almost half of all Dodgers home games. Assuming this holds up next year, you've got an even chance at meeting a Son at a baseball game--which should either keep you from attending altogether, or should have you start commenting more on the gamethreads, so we can consider buying you a beer sometime.
- The Sons went 1-1 on the road last year, which included this awesome 4-0, series-sweeping win against the hated Giants which also featured an appearance from one of our blog's good friends (and fanerman, as well).
- The Sons' .571 winning percentage exceeded the Dodgers' .531 winning percentage (86-76); and the Sons' .575 home winning percentage exceeded the Dodgers' home winning percentage of .556 (45-36). With that in mind, let me remind you that the Sons are available to attend Dodger games for a fee (we also do barmitzvahs and weddings). Don't take the Sons to away games, however, where our .500 winning percentage was edged by the Dodgers' .506 percentage.