Note: This is NOT a comment-time post, so take a deep breath and relax.
If not a comment-time post, then what is this? Well, first it's an update. As you know, it's half-time of the Elite Eight round. Here's where it stands:
- (4) Dusty leads (3) S Dittmore by 1:38
- (3) Jason leads (1) Quad by 0:16
- (3) J Steve leads (4) Loney Fan by 0:39
- (1) Josh S leads (2) Neeebs by 0:01
Alas, only eight competitors still remain - one quarter of the original field. The purpose of this post is to keep it interesting for the rest of you (as well as for anyone who wasn't entered in the tourney at all). Here's how it works:
- As stated, there are eight competitors remaining, and you can see above which of these eight hold a halftime lead and by how much. You also have 2 previous rounds of action to observe their commenting prowess.
- Your task is to pick which remaining competitor you think will win and comment your choice
herein this thread before 1pm PT tomorrow. Any picks made after 1pm tomorrow will not count.
- The eight competitors still in the tourney cannot place a bet. They may, however, lobby for votes.
- The second half of the Elite Eight will not start until 1:01pm PT tomorrow at the earliest.
- When the competition is over, all those who correctly picked the champion will be put in a lottery. The winner of the lottery will be selected in a random and transparent way (if you are the only one who correctly picked the champion, you automatically win).
- The winner of the lottery wins a prize to be revealed soon!
There you have it. I'm not sure how strategization will play out, given that: 1) you are picking a champion knowing of which of the remaining eight hold a halftime lead; 2) you are in competition with all others who pick the correct champion; and 3) your pick will be displayed for all to see once you make it.
But, alas, that's not my concern. I will re-post this tomorrow morning to get more folks to place their bet. Make your choice by 1pm PT tomorrow!
UPDATE: Please make your picks in the new thread instead of here. Thanks.