Mrs. Orel and I recently spent some time in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. After gorging ourselves on char-grilled oysters at Parrain's, we hit the LSU campus to catch a college baseball game.
- In the bottom of the sixth, Jayhawks 2B Robby Price made a sweet play, diving for a ball, ending up on his back and flipping it to the SS for a force out. The throw to first was late; otherwise, it would have been a spectacular DP.
- They play but don't sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at the Box.
- Bottom 7: KU RF Casey Lytle made a nice leaping catch against the outfield wall to end the inning.
- Brett Bochy, son of Giants manager Bruce, got the save for the Jayhawks.
- The game featured five (!) HBPs. None seemed intentional.
all photos by SoSG Orel except Coon's Corner and Mahtook diving by Chris Parent/LSUsports.net