REDS 4, DODGERS 1
The Dodgers may have ordered grits, but they ended up getting a heaping helping of shits. Shall we review the fail?
- Hanley Ramirez? Completely unavailable due to shoulder soreness.
- Greinke starts the game by giving up 2 runs on 6 pitches, immediately erasing what was then a 1-0 Dodgers lead. (To be fair, Greinke settled down nicely after that.)
- The Dodgers did next to nothing against Alfredo Simon for the next seven innings.
- Wait, not nothing. They did have 1st and 3rd with no outs in the 7th, only to have TFed fly out softly, Kemp get caught in a rundown between 3rd and home, and SVS (inexplicably pinch-hitting for Greinke when he was rolling) strike out flailing.
- Bad Brandon League showed up in the 8th, coughing up two more runs and putting the game out of reach with Aroldis Chapman coming in.
- But, miracle of miracles, Chapman gave up a walk to Kemp and a single to TFed. Sadly, the cupboard was bare, and only the law firm of Rojas and Romak were left to strike out weakly to end the game.
So, the Dodgers are left to digest all this on an unhappy flight home, while the Giants/Nationals game (in progess) determines if they come home 7.5 back or 8.5 back.
Meanwhile, I'd like a word with the chef...