Chris Capuano (11-10, 3.63) vs. Matt Cain (13-5, 2.98).
How frustrating was last night's loss? I haven't felt so aggravated by the Dodgers since...Wednesday.
Anyhoo, here's how it's going for our Boys in Blue:
- Shane Victorino, acquired to be our leadoff hitter, has a .315 OBP since joining the team and is now batting second.
- Adrian Gonzalez, batting third, has 10 RBIs in 61 PAs as a Dodger.
- Despite his claims to the contrary, Matt Kemp is playing hurt.
- Our second-best starter and our closer are on the DL.
- The rest of our pitching staff is getting minimal run support.
It's becoming increasingly apparent the wild card is our ticket into the playoffs. So we'll drink to that — because there's so little to toast, yet so much to drink about.