Hello all. As the Grand Puzzle Finale lies in wait less than 17 hours away, I thought this was a good time to share a few notes regarding the past, present and future of the SoSG Puzzle Championship Series (not necessarily in that order):
- Much like the multi-colored moneyball in the NBA All-Star 3-point shooting contest, tomorrow's Grand Finale will be worth 130 points instead of the standard 100. So no heavy drinking tonight.
- After point totals are tallied, the season champion and runner-up will be declared (along with the rest of the rankings). As described in more detail here, the season champ receives his or her choice of one of two prizes: a) the power to create a puzzle to be used in Puzzle Season II, or b) a Rafael Furcal Bobblehead similar to the one shown here. The runner-up will get the unchosen prize.
- Fear not - puzzle points earned in Season I will carry over to Season II.
- Beyond that, the SoSG Board is currently holding a series of meetings to discuss the future of the puzzle series, including such issues as when next season will begin, any potential changes to puzzle style, point system, frequency, etc. Your feedback as always is welcome. We will share the outcome of those meetings with you all soon.
- I think I speak on behalf of both Sax when I say we both highly appreciate your participation and hope you have enjoyed tackling them as much as we have enjoyed creating and hosting them.
So anyways, be sure to carve out enough time and brain cells tomorrow to tackle the finale - this one will definitely take some out-of-the-box thinking. And perhaps more importantly, I hope you're back next season with your pencil, paper, scissors, boy band fact sheets, and blue rubber bands at the ready!