So, dear Readers, your reward for a stunning victory in Connect Four is...meaningful off-season baseball! Yes, SoSG's next shamelessly contrived off-season competition will not only make you stop longing for April, but come next April, you may just start longing for the following November.
What is this upcoming mystery competition, you ask? Well, I'm not saying just yet. But one thing I will say is that unlike Connect Four, you have to sign up to participate. So if you want to participate, post a comment below stating so. We need a minimum number of participants to play, but at the same time space is limited, so spots will be given on a first-come first-serve basis.
Also, keep in mind that in posting your desire to participate, you are agreeing to the following statements:
- I own (or have access to) a computer, an internet connection, and a high tolerance for ridiculousness.
- Over the course of the competition (the next few weeks), I will be able to check SoSG reasonably often for further instructions and updates (maybe once or so per day), or risk letting down the team.
- I understand the rules of baseball, but am willing to bend them.
- I agree to participate in activities that require far less intelligence than Connect Four.
- I understand that by participating, I might be publicly exposed as being highly skilled at said low-intelligence activities.
- I understand this mystery competition is highly experimental, and thus may crash and burn upon execution.
So who's in? If so, post below, and stay tuned for more details!
Update: All initial spots have been filled. There may be opportunity down the road for further entrants, but let's first see how this initial run goes...