The latest column from the LA Times' Bill Shaikin is titled "Ned Colletti's rope seems to be getting shorter: General manager's job is in jeopardy and Dodgers owner may have cut off his allowance." It's worth a read but here's a summary:
- The Dodgers have money issues.
- Ned Colletti's job might be in trouble.
- The Dodger front office is a mess.
- Joe Torre is a bad fit with the Dodger kids.
- Brian Cashman and Kim Ng are possible replacements for Colletti.
Maybe management is purposely flogging its dysfunction to make the players feel well-adjusted by comparison? Unfortunately, we can expect this soap opera to continue well past the trading deadline, at least until the Dodgers make the playoffs.
And if the Dodgers don't make the playoffs? Then grab some popcorn.