... but Macho Man is still gone.
As the one east coast, old school wrasslin' lovin' SoSGer, it is my duty to comment on this terrible loss. I...
It's still too difficult to talk about. About Leapin Lanny Poffo's brother, I will just say this.
- He almost destroyed what Jesse Ventura referred to as the "lar-nix" of Ricky Steamboat...
- Which led to the greatest match in the history of the "sport" at Wrestlemania III
- His battles with George the Animal Steele reminded us all that beauty could truly kill the beast.
- His appearance as Bonesaw in Spider-Man accounted for $250 million of its gross.
- And none of what I write here makes any sense to SoSG Sax, hater of wrestling (not to mention life, liberty and the pursuit of justice).
But for those of us who knew the man, the post-Rapture world will burn a little less bright without his familiar "Oh Yeahhhhh." Vaya con dios, Macho Madness.Update: On Howard Stern, the Iron Sheik just called in to lament Randy Savage's passing and label the late Macho Man as "a cheap Jew son of a bitch." Apparently, Randy took all of the Iron Sheik's pot and never gave any back. For shame.