Clayton Kershaw may be a pedestrian 3-3, but he is still far from mortal, as he showed many a Brave today. Freddie Freeman alone had 4 Ks (one to J.P. Howell in the eighth), but Jace Freeman and Jonny Gomes each contributed two Ks. The Braves totaled 11 Ks in the game.
The Dodgers opened up a six-spot in the fourth inning, putting this game away:
- Joc Pederson single
- Jimmy Rollins forceout
- Howie Kendrick double, scoring Rollins
- Adrian Gonzalez IBB
- Justin Turner single, scoring Kendrick
- Andre Ethier double, scoring Gonzalez and Turner
- Alex Guerrero walk
- A.J. Ellis double, scoring Ethier but nailing Guerrero at the plate
- Clayton Kershaw single, scoring Ellis
- Pederson ground out
Not a bad outing! And good to see Kershaw, who went seven strong innings, get the win.